Friday, June 10, 2011

New PhD Elizabeth Rowe is awesome!

Congratulations to Dr. Elizabeth Rowe, a newly minted PhD in anthropology from Temple University. Her dissertation advisor is Dr. Christie Rockwell.

In Elizabeth's own words:
"My thesis title was "The impact of variation in the progesterone receptor gene, life history and lifestyle on endometrial function and the menstrual cycle". I'm putting together a talk on it for the upcoming AAPA (or HBA) meetings in 2012, so look for my abstract! I just accepted a non-tenure track position teaching biology at Georgia Southern University."

Her work sounds fantastic - I am truly looking forward to seeing her presentation at the meetings. Also happy to hear about employment! Hurray!

1 comment:

  1. I think BANDIT are getting larger and larger with all the respective people getting their degree and proving that phd dissertation can be easy tackled even in the field of biological anthropology. Anyway, I do hope the mission and vision of BANDIT would spread all over the world so that every biological anthropology student have a place.

    ReplyDelete