Friday, October 5, 2012

Loan Repayment from NIH

I've written about this before, but it bears constant repeating that you can get the NIH to repay up to $70,000 in student loans. How? By doing research that fits within the following categories:

Pediatric Research
Health Disparities Research
Contraception and Infertility Research

As a graduate of a state school that offered me little in the way of funding (the long term consequences of which I was too naive to consider when I started my graduate studies), I owe a LOT of money. But lucky for me as a comparative primatologist who is interested in pregnancy and developmental programming, I can make a case for one of these awards. This time around I will be drawing on my research on the developmental origins of pregnancy loss in adult female marmosets to apply for funds from the Contraception and Infertility Research division. These are competitive awards but the relatively good news is that funding rates are decent, hovering around 35%.

Applications are due November 15. Get cracking.



No comments:

Post a Comment